Common to all documentation necessary visas
- Application in its own style (attached form);
- Valid travel document (+3 months after the visa is valid);
- 2 identical photographs, passport, background color and smooth, which show a good likeness of the applicant;
- Title of transport that ensures their return (except for residence visas for family reunification and for research activity, teaching in higher education institution or highly qualified);
- Travel medical insurance;
- Request for consultation of the Portuguese criminal record by SEF (for temporary stay visas and residence);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or where the applicant resides for more than a year (for residence visas and temporary stay);
- Proof of housing conditions;
- Proof of means of subsistence;
- For minor or incompetent, released person exercising parental authority or guardianship.
Note: The smaller 16 years are exempted from submission of documents concerning the criminal record.