- Application in its own style;
- Valid travel document (+ 3 months after intended stay);
- Two identical photographs, passport, updated and in good condition for identification of the applicant;
- Title of transport that ensures their return (except for residence visas for family reunification and for research activity, teaching in higher education institution or highly skilled work);
- Insurance valid travel, to cover any necessary expenses for medical reasons, including urgent medical care and eventual repatriation;
- Request for consultation of the Portuguese criminal record by the Aliens and Borders (SEF);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or where the applicant resided for more than a year;
- Proof of housing conditions;
- Proof of means of subsistence Administrative Rule no. 1563/2007, of 11.12 n and concierge. º 760/2009, of 16.07;
- For minor or incompetent, released person exercising parental authority or guardianship.
The smaller 16 years are exempted from submission of documents concerning the criminal record.
The documents are based documents, without prejudice to additional documentation that may be solicitadapelo consular post.