There are limits to the extension of my stay?
The extension of stay for a limited period which varies according to the purpose it is intended, in other words, with the type of visa in question, also varying, as appropriate, the set of documents that must deliver (to know that deliver documents should consult the Regulatory Decree 9/2001, of 31 May, available in www.acime.gov.pt).
Extension of stay may be granted:
- Until 5 days, if transit visa;
- Until 60 days, not seen a case of special;
- Until 90 days, renewable for the same period, in the case of short-stay visa or no visa requirement (in exceptional cases it may be extended beyond this limit);
- Until 1 year, renewable for equal periods, in the case of student visa or temporary stay visa (not this limit visas to study the syllabus and supplementary stage studies apply). In exceptional cases it may be extended beyond this limit;
- Until 2 years, in the case of work permit.
In exceptional cases it may be extended beyond this limit.