What is the Authorization to Stay?
It was a legal mechanism created by D, L. nº 4/2001, of 10 January, allowing it to be allowed to stay in Portugal to foreigners who were, not being holders of proper visa and who met the following conditions:
- Hold an employment contract or proposed employment contract with favorable information IDICT;
- Not have been convicted by final judgment to imprisonment for a term of more than 6 months;
- The removal of the country have not been subject and is in the period of prohibition of entry into Portugal;
- Not be suitable for the purposes of refusing entry in the Schengen Information System by all contracting parties;
- Not be suitable for the purposes of refusing entry into integrated information system SEF.